Ann Arbor — Michigan receiver Grant Perry, who last week was sentenced to 12 months probation stemming from an incident outside an East Lansing bar last October, has been fully reinstated to the football team.

After the incident, Perry was suspended two games, and once charges of two counts of misdemeanor fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct and of minor in possession were brought — they were dropped earlier this summer after Perry pleaded guilty to one count of resisting an officer — he did not travel with the team to the Orange Bowl and missed spring practice and the team’s trip to Rome.

Perry had been practicing with the team during offseason conditioning and workouts, and coach Jim Harbaugh said a decision on his status would be made at the conclusion of the legal process.

Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel issued a statement Friday night:

“The University and Michigan Athletic Department have closely followed the legal proceedings involving Grant Perry since October,” Manuel said in the statement. “During this time, he has met every institutional expectation.

“Grant has served multiple team suspensions, missing two games during the 2016 season as well as the Orange Bowl against Florida State. He was suspended from all team activities in the Winter of 2017, including all of spring practice and the team’s trip to Rome. Grant was only recently allowed to participate in summer conditioning prior to the start of fall camp.

“We conducted an athletic department and institutional review following the conclusion of the legal process. Based on that review, we have determined that Grant is reinstated to full participation with the football team. In order to maintain his full participation with the team, and in addition to complying with the terms of his probation, Grant must continue to meet additional internal requirements from the university, athletic department and football program.”

More: