Ms. Garvey will be working with candidates and law firms across the country to help ensure that diverse legal talent is accessed, cultivated, and celebrated.
October 03, 2017
BCG Attorney Search is proud to introduce former BigLaw attorney and civil rights lawyer Sarah L. Garvey as its new Diversity Director. As a recruiting firm that strives to be at the forefront of legal recruiting best practices, BCG created the position to participate more fully in the legal profession’s diversity and inclusion movement. Ms. Garvey will be working with candidates and law firms across the country to help ensure that diverse legal talent is accessed, cultivated, and celebrated. Her responsibilities will include:
Working with female, African-American, Hispanic, LGBT, disabled and other diverse candidates to help them find and obtain law firm jobs;
- Providing support and mentorship to candidates after they have been placed to help ensure their continued success in the profession;
- Serving as a liaison with law firms, professional organizations, committees, corporations, law schools, and scholars to identify best practices for hiring, retaining, and cultivating diverse legal talent;
- Writing articles and blogs that focus on issues, solutions, trends, and best practices within the legal profession’s diversity and inclusion movement;
- Representing BCG at conferences and other events that focus on diversity and inclusion within the legal profession; and
- Being a force of positive change that helps move the legal profession in a more creative, textured, accommodating, and self-aware direction.
Throughout her life, Ms. Garvey has worked alongside—and provided support,…