Area libraries are gearing up to host a slew of activities and programs for all ages. Here’s a look at what’s coming up in July and August in the city of Memphis and Ray and Lenox townships.
Memphis Public Library
- All are invited to play American mahjong at 10 a.m. July 21.
- Children in kindergarten through seventh grade can build using cardboard during a “Cardboard Fort Extravaganza!” event at 1 p.m. July 22. Supplies will be available. Participants are asked to bring extra boxes and tubes, if possible.
- Adults can learn to build a birdhouse with Fred Wilbert at 6 p.m. July 27. Registration is requested, as seating is limited.
- All are invited to play canasta at 10 a.m. July 28. Coffee and donuts will be provided.
- Participate in stories, poems, finger plays, movement activities and outdoor fun promoting literacy during “Build a Better Reader,” the family story time summer reading edition, at 10 a.m. Tuesdays in August.
Memphis Public Library is located at 34830 Potter St. For more information or to register for a program, call 810-329-2980 or go to stclaircountylibrary.org.
Ray Township Public Library
- A subcommittee meeting of the Friends of the Ray Township Library and Historical Society will take place at 7 p.m. July 19. Group members will work on the annual calendar and silent auction.
Lenox Township Library
- Community art journals are now available for checkout at the library. The new feature invites patrons to share their creativity through drawing, writing and doodling or enjoying others’ artwork. One journal is available for adults; the second is geared toward children.
Lenox Township Library is located at 58976 Main St. in New Haven. For more information, call 586-749-3430 or go to